Friday, March 7, 2014

Easter Watercolor Card

Hey Readers,

Today I'm going to share with you a fun Easter card that I made. Easter is just around the corner, and my two munchkins are already excited about it. When I was a kid there was always a special golden egg, hidden well, and usually containing twenty bucks! I only remember getting the golden egg once. I found it on top of the doorway outside my grandmother's house. I couldn't reach it, and my tall older brother decided he'd get it for himself. I was ready to throw a big fit about that, but an adult stepped in and made him give it to me. Ha ha. My brother and I didn't always get along (what siblings do, right?). I love him, though. Wish I could spend this Easter with him and my other four siblings. 

Anyway, on to the card. I started with a piece of my watercolor paper, aquapainters, and a few ink pads (rich razzleberry, marina mist, and coral calypso).
I just colored a striped pattern, adding more ink until I liked the way it looked.
Then I took a piece of coral calypso cardstock and cut an oval out of the middle.
I stamped "happy easter" from the Delightful Dozen stamp set in Stazon Ink.
After that, I embossed the coral calypso cardstock with the Polka Dot EF and used dimensionals to stick it to my card.
Nobody wants a blank boring envelope, so I made an "egg" stencil with my small oval die, and I drew two eggs on the back of the envelope.
I colored them in with my markers and blender pens, and then added a basic rhinestone to the card. 
Voila! There's a quick and easy- and super fun- easter card. 

Hope you've enjoyed this post, leave some love, and come back tomorrow to see another project! 

Want to shop? Go to my SU! website to purchase any of these, or other, fantastic SU! products. Don't forget to look at the weekly deals.

Happy Stampin! TNT, your dynamite SU! demo

No comments:

Post a Comment