Friday, July 11, 2014

Easy Peasy: Dinner & Birthday Cards

Hey Readers! 

I want to share with you a recipe for Crock Pot Chili and show you a few cards I made to fill my shoe box. Yeah, I'm using a shoe box to hold my stock of cards for numerous occasions. That way when I see a friend's birthday is close at hand (thank you, facebook) or such other event, I can quickly whip out a card and get it sent out. 

Have you every assembly lined a bunch of cards at once? I really like it! I'm actually in the process of assembly lining twenty cards to swap with other demonstrators at an event later this month. Stay tuned for pictures and tips on mass producing.

Anyway, I'm all about easy in my house. I want quick painless dinners for my family. We are so busy, and will be so much busier when Fall rolls around. The other night, my solution was this chili recipe. Mmm mmm good! Enjoy!

Crock Pot Chili Recipe


 Ingredients: 
1 lb. ground beef
3/4 cup onion
3/4 cup celery
3/4 cup yellow pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
22 oz pureed tomato
1/2 tbl. chili powder
1/2 tsp. parsley
1 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp basil
3/4 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/8 tsp. hot sauce

Directions: Toss it all in. Put the crock pot on low. Leave it for 6 hours. I served it over fritos with chedder cheese on top, creating, of course, a frito pie.
Jacob was a big fan, along with the rest of the family. :)

And here are a couple easy birthday cards I made.



I used a pencil eraser to get those cute little circles stamped on the whisper white cardstock. Fun little trick for a quick and easy background.

Here are the other products I used for these cards:

Cupcake Builder Punch 121807
Whisper White Baker's Twine 124262
Crumb Cake Cardstock 120953
Baked Brown Sugar Cardstock 131296
Marina Mist Cardstock 119682
Strawberry Slush Cardstock 131295
Marina Mist Classic Stampin' Pad 126962
Strawberry Slush Classic Stampin' Pad 131178
Four You Stamp Set 130538

Visit <<My Stampin' Up! Store>> to purchase any of these products for your own crafty self!

Thanks for reading, and happy chili eating and stamping! :)

-Your Dynamite Stampin' Up! Demo, Tori Tedder


No comments:

Post a Comment