Thursday, August 8, 2013

Oh, Hello


Hey stampers,
How's it goin'? I can't believe summer is almost over already. I got a catalog in the mail for halloween costumes! Halloween, people! That's just craziness. I'm such a procrastinator, but one of my goals this year is to plan ahead and make my Christmas cards early! Jimmy and the kids poured over the halloween costume "book", but Christmas is my personal favorite. I don't care so much about the spooky day at the end of October. Shhhh, don't tell my husband. :) Anyway, within a couple weeks you'll start seeing some Christmas projects of mine. Stampin' Up! has so many adorable new holiday products. Check out the holiday catalog here.

Today I want to share with you a card I made that I am quite happy with. For the first time I did the Triple Time Stamping Technique.


Is that a cool technique, or what? And I never would've believed it was so simple. You just stack the top layers together and stamp them all at the same time. Naturally there's a little gap where the edges don't get stamped, but the Calypso Coral mats that you then put behind the top layers fixes that for you. It all lines up nicely, don't ya think? If you'd like a detailed tutorial, just comment on this post and I'll write one up for you.

After I finished stamping and putting together the card, I knew it needed something more. It needed a sentiment. I didn't want to add another layer of paper, so my go-to solution for a sentiment that pops is heat embossing. Then I added a bow made out of paper, in basic black.

Here are the products I used:
Oh, Hello stamp set
Bloomin' With Kindness stamp set
Calypso Coral cardstock
Basic Black cardstock
Whisper White cardstock
Versamark Ink
Basic Black Heat Embossing Powder
Heat Tool





Thanks for looking and reading. If you like this post, leave a comment. Come back tomorrow to see another card from my stampin' room!




No comments:

Post a Comment