Thursday, August 8, 2013

CCMC263 Sketch Challenge

Hey stampers,

Today I set out searching for inspiration for a card and came across this sketch challenge from Create with Connie and Mary. I always love doing challenges, they really help you get a card started when you can't think of anything to do. Here's the challenge...

And here's the card I made this morning. My four-year-old daughter, Audrey, helped me decide on what stamp set to use. She adores horses, so Horse Frontier was perfect. 

I used watercolor paper and Stampin' Ink with my Aqua Painters to make the background, then I stamped the horse in Stazon' Jet Black (permanent- no smears) ink. Then I cut it up, placed it on a black mat, added some (of course) blue jean ribbon and a little hello on the side. Voila. I haven't entered very many challenges. How cool would it be if I won this one? Either way though, I love how this card turned out. I'm thinking of sending it to my cousin who's a cowgirl through and through. She's an excellent horse rider and roper, and she's starting eighth grade this year.

Well, there you have it folks. That's my sketch challenge entry. Hope you've enjoyed this post. Leave some love, and have a fabulous day.

Happy Stamping!




8 comments:

  1. I love this stamp and it looks so good in this sketch!! Lovely watercoloring and the touch of blue denim ribbon is perfect!! Thanks for joining us for the Create with Connie and Mary sketch challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love, love, love, love, love it to pieces!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! I love the scenery - looks like you are looking out a window pane! Thanks for joining us in the sketch challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great scenery you created and the horse image looks great, almost 3D-ish. Thanks for playing along this week at Create with Connie & Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how real this looks...almost a picture! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This is gorgeous!! Love the watercoloring! Just like a painting!! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing card! You did such a great job with all the little details that pull it all together, the black matting, the ribbon, the water coloring.... it's just gorgeous! So glad you joined us for the sketch challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful scene you created! I looks like being 'out West'! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete